Technical Support | November 09, 2016, 09:37:12 PM
Mountain edit glitch

Dunn85

Mountain edit glitch
« on: November 09, 2016, 09:37:12 PM »
Like everyone else, spent a couple of hours creating a pretty big park. Saved and reloaded the park. Now most of the park is underground. I'm using a PS4. Username is Errormachine. Haven't published the park but it's called "Black Mountain park." Any help or updates for this would be awesome.

HB_BrettM

Re: Mountain edit glitch
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 08:18:02 PM »
The devs are trying to figure it out! Can you send over your mountain files?

Dunn85

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 05:57:25 AM »
Thanks, Im using a PS4 so not sure how to do something like this.

hammert1me

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 07:51:23 PM »
Like everyone else, spent a couple of hours creating a pretty big park. Saved and reloaded the park. Now most of the park is underground. I'm using a PS4. Username is Errormachine. Haven't published the park but it's called "Black Mountain park." Any help or updates for this would be awesome.

Same Issue here.
On the First Mountain/Park/Run I've created - Saved it/reloaded it - and now everything is ABOVE ground 2000ft in the air!!!

I have built and published Mountain/Runs since and no problem, just this one - Any advice??
Not a big deal, just 4 hours of my life I'll never get back!  :P

(PS4)

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to creativity. I just want it to be easy and fun.  -Reggie Watts

Dunn85

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 12:09:17 AM »

Same Issue here.
On the First Mountain/Park/Run I've created - Saved it/reloaded it - and now everything is ABOVE ground 2000ft in the air!!!

I have built and published Mountain/Runs since and no problem, just this one - Any advice??
Not a big deal, just 4 hours of my life I'll never get back!  :P

(PS4)

Yep, it sucks. Sorry to hear.

Happened again, but this time was a little different. Saved and published only for it to disappear from the load mountain list.

Luckily I favorited one of my runs and found the mountain through the Favs list in Browse Runs.

Dunn85

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 05:30:08 AM »
Finally got a mountain going. Check out "Witch Mountain."

Dunn85

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 11:36:36 PM »
Built on an older park this time. Couple of hours on it and now it's glitch again! I can say I'm now done building anything else. So much time wasted. :(

Mountain is called "Witch Mountain V2."

Dunn85

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 02:10:46 AM »
So I tried my hand at a third park this time with no luck again. I would have thought if I didn't publish the park then the park wouldn't glitch on me. I was wrong. Saved, went to another mountain, came back and the park was underground. Seems like its the procedurally generated mountains.

Im hoping there will be a patch for this soon? Creating parks is by far the best thing on this game.

Lazlo

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2017, 06:16:21 PM »
Hi there.
Did you get any help yet?
I got the same problem. Built my second mountain now after losing the first to the same kind of glitch.
Second one is now gone too... Very disappointing.
Please let me know if there´s any help.
Thanks!!

HB_BrettM

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 09:28:00 PM »
We found the issue and it will be patched in the next update!!

Summarizing from Joel:

If you do this, you will lose your creations.

1) Make edits to a mountain
2) Go to save the mountain, but accidentally open "New Mountain"
3) Back out to the edit menu
4) Save the Mountain
5) Close the game
6) Relaunch the game
7) Observe borked mountain.

Entering the "New Mountain Screen" randomizes the seed on the world generator on awake. So just going into the screen randomizes your seed.

We got the fix in, it will be in the next update, in the meantime, sorry for the trouble and don't do that ^^ :)

RiverKing

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 02:09:04 AM »
Just had this happen to a mountain that I've countless hours on. Wish I would have read this topic sooner! As long as my mountain will be able to be recovered after the update I'll still be peachy!

Hagbard Celine

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 03:31:43 AM »
We found the issue and it will be patched in the next update!!

Summarizing from Joel:

If you do this, you will lose your creations.

1) Make edits to a mountain
2) Go to save the mountain, but accidentally open "New Mountain"
3) Back out to the edit menu
4) Save the Mountain
5) Close the game
6) Relaunch the game
7) Observe borked mountain.

Entering the "New Mountain Screen" randomizes the seed on the world generator on awake. So just going into the screen randomizes your seed.

We got the fix in, it will be in the next update, in the meantime, sorry for the trouble and don't do that ^^ :)

Hi, I've just had this exact thing happen to a park that I've been spending days working on.  Is the patch you mention already released (for Xbox One), as if not, then the problem is still very much persistent.

I was so gutted when i loaded up the mountain and it had been wiped by the above glitch.

Please tell me the update you mention is still due to be released, and that the corrupted mountains will be returned to normal!?