Shredding Chat | July 28, 2016, 05:38:00 AM
Flip and grind variations

chuckmanj

Flip and grind variations
« on: July 28, 2016, 05:38:00 AM »
First off I'd like to say this is the best looking snowshred game since stoked came out in 2009, the animations for infinite air look amazing. From what I saw from the half hour demo it seems the controls and functionality share quite a bit from that game which is fantastic, however the flip mechanics didn't allow for barrel roll variation type flips. In some of the amped games you could double click on either the left or right buttons on the d-pad to initiate the barrel rolls, stoked and shaun white snowboarding were limited to only cartwheel flips. Granted to have 4 flip variations all mapped for one stick might seem like a bit much and not having played the game barrel flips could already be in the build. I think a good way to add in these flips without over complicating controls would be simply click in the left stick either to the right or left upon take-off and depending on the angle of the stick would either initiate a 180 or 540 with the flip so for the first time in a snowboard game since amped 2 maybe rodeo flip variations would be possible and feel authentic. However I am not a game developer and have no idea if these controls could possibly work. Another small concern of mine is I didn't notice any natural jibs or grinds in the gameplay footage I have seen, stoked accomplished this almost perfectly buy adding in logs and concrete slabs to the levels without feeling out of place. Not including barrel flips or natural grinds will not stop me from purchasing this game first day, can't wait to play, you devs are truly doing the lords work. peace and doobies
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 05:46:19 AM by chuckmanj »

HB_BrettM

Re: Flip and grind variations
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 02:31:33 PM »
First off I'd like to say this is the best looking snowshred game since stoked came out in 2009, the animations for infinite air look amazing. From what I saw from the half hour demo it seems the controls and functionality share quite a bit from that game which is fantastic, however the flip mechanics didn't allow for barrel roll variation type flips. In some of the amped games you could double click on either the left or right buttons on the d-pad to initiate the barrel rolls, stoked and shaun white snowboarding were limited to only cartwheel flips. Granted to have 4 flip variations all mapped for one stick might seem like a bit much and not having played the game barrel flips could already be in the build. I think a good way to add in these flips without over complicating controls would be simply click in the left stick either to the right or left upon take-off and depending on the angle of the stick would either initiate a 180 or 540 with the flip so for the first time in a snowboard game since amped 2 maybe rodeo flip variations would be possible and feel authentic. However I am not a game developer and have no idea if these controls could possibly work. Another small concern of mine is I didn't notice any natural jibs or grinds in the gameplay footage I have seen, stoked accomplished this almost perfectly buy adding in logs and concrete slabs to the levels without feeling out of place. Not including barrel flips or natural grinds will not stop me from purchasing this game first day, can't wait to play, you devs are truly doing the lords work. peace and doobies

Thanks for the kind words and being part of the community!

Let me make your day :)

Barrel rolls are completely doable in this game. I've been play testing the game for a month with all the updates and upgrades happening, and let me tell you, the graphics are better than they were in the demo, the amount of tricks have increased, and the barrel roll is one of my favorite looking trick in the game!!!

Our controls are fully physics based, you can do almost ANYTHING you can think up. Rail bonks, butters, all sorts of flips, etc. Seriously, it's a HUGE game with a HUGE list of possibilities.

I could talk about this for days, and I hope I eased your concerns with the flip possibilities.

Thanks for the kind words and we can't wait to show you the game!